The PWDCA Health and Litter Log provides an on-line ability to submit new data or provide updates to the data stored in the PWDCA HLL. Submissions include litters, general dog data, health data, and member contact data.
Access to each type of data will be governed by the access and participation policy below:
- General data about a specific dog will be available to any person upon activation of a user account granted by the PWDCA HLL Administrator.
Health data contained in the PWDCA HLL, from owners or breeders, will be available to any person who is an active
PWDCA HLL Health participant. An active PWDCA HLL Health Participant is determined by:
- Any person who has submitted health data and supporting documentation to the PWDCA. All participants must provide updates to the PWDCA HLL at least once every two years.
- Board and Committee members (updates and verification is required once a year)
The following types of reports will be available to any person upon activation of a user account granted by the PWDCA HLL Administrator:
- Reports reflecting general dog information.
- Report of the PWDCA Unofficial Pedigree excluding health data.
- Reports reflecting statistical information about health, disease, and diagnosis.
- Reports reflecting statistical information about the breed.
The following types of reports will be available only to active Health Participants:
- Reports reflecting health data about specific dog(s).
- The PWD Unofficial Pedigree including health data.
Submission of data, either new or updates, will be governed by the access and participation policy set forth below:
- Dog data submissions (new or updates) and Litter submissions cannot be restricted to a specific person or account. However, each submission includes the name of the person submitting the data. The person's name will be used in the submission approval process performed by the PWDCA HLL administrator.
Health data submissions (new or updates) will be available to any person who is an active
Health Participant. A non-active participant is not presented the forms
required to submit new or updated data. An active participant is
defined above and more specifically, as stated under "Health Participant Definition":
Following PWDCA guidelines for health testing does not make you or your dog a participant in the PWDCA HLL.
- Ratings for your dog may "passively" be provided to and appear in the PWDCA HLL from "open registries" such as OFA, CERF, GM1 and Optigen. This does not, however, make you or your dog an "active" participant in the PWDCA HLL.
- To be an "active" participant in the PWDCA HLL you must enter the health data for your dog even if it is already present from the Open Registries. In making the entries you will see other health areas listed and be able to determine if health conditions other than OFA, CERF, GM1 and Optigen ratings should be entered about your dog.
- You have the opportunity to enter brief comments about your dog's health.
- Submissions will not be visible to other users until they are reviewed and approved by a PWDCA HLL administrator.
- All Board and Committee members must review their dogs and provide updates to the data yearly.
- All Health Participants must review the PWDCA HLL data and provide updates to the data at least once every two years.
Termination of PWDCA HLL access
A PWDCA HLL administrator can deactivate an account or reassign permissions of an account per their judgment if the user is found not to be in compliance with the rules and regulations set forth in the PWDCA HLL use. The Administrator will notify the user of the change in PWDCA HLL access permissions. Reinstatement of an account will require Board approval.
PWDCA HLL Administration
The following is a general set of roles and responsibilities required for PWDCA HLL administration:
- The Administrator will approve and activate a user account request upon verification of adherence to this policy. Approval may include coordination with Board and Committee personnel.
The Administrator will assign the appropriate Security levels
within the PWDCA HLL for general user identification and for compliance analysis per the following table:
Type Description Admin All PWDCA HLL Administration Board Board Member HComm Health Committee Member RComm Regular Committee Member Puser Participating Health user NPuser General user, no Health Participation
- The Administrator will monitor access and general usage of the PWDCA HLL for Board and Committee personnel.
- The Litter Administrator will review and approve Litter submissions and updates to general dog data. This includes making minor corrections to the submission to comply with data integrity in the PWDCA HLL. The administrator publishes approved submissions.
- The Health Administrator will review and approve Health PWDCA HLL submissions. This includes making minor corrections to the submission to comply with data integrity in the PWDCA HLL. The administrator will update the PWDCA HLL with approved submissions. In addition, the Health Administrator will be responsible for submitting and updating the PWDCA HLL with open health registry data.
- The PWDCA HLL Administrator will ensure proper operation of the PWDCA HLL and assist the administrators.
- Duties between administrators can be shared or transferred per agreement between the affected parties.
Subscription: The PWDCA Health and Litter Log does not require a subscription fee.
The HLL Access Policy.